Canon irc5185i newbie questions

Discussion in 'Canon Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by sql37, Jun 4, 2014.

1. sql37

sql37 New Member

Hi!

Sorry for my english. I have just brought used Canon irc5185i with W2 finisher. I have folowing questions:

-First: When machine is printing, air is blowing from the paper output hole (picture). Is this normal? I'm little worried about this, because machine is old and has lot of impressions so i'm little affraid that toner particles from inside of the machine will blow in the enviroment (very small shop).

-Second: Is it possible to set the machine to print batch of 1000 sheets of paper with offseting every 50 sheets or set the machine to print to trays A and B each 50 sheets.

-Third: When printing pdf file or word file text is a little bit blurry and bold. I have tried PCL, PS, UFR2 drivers, without success. Photocopying is ok.

Thank you for help.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  2. sql37

sql37 New Member

Anyone?

3. InterfaceP

InterfaceP Senior Member

I don't work on Cannon but I will say the air could be normal. It most likely is to cool the paper as it exits the printer. I would suggest looking around or doing some research on the locations of the filters. It should have them. Once you locate them clean or replace them if necessary.

As far as the output is concerned: Did you check the Cannon website for the latest drivers? Also consider starting a new thread addressing this issue by it's self and/or using a different forum.

Good Luck..