canon irc 5185i

Discussion in 'Canon Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by Rok123, Sep 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Rok123

Rok123 New Member

hi,

i am interested in buying a irc 5185i, pleased advice on limitations specialy in areas of priting on thick boards with coated/uncoated/metalic coated boards. what are the average toner and drum life in working condition. i need to do short run printing..

cheers,

Rock

2. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

That would definitely not be my choice for printing "thick boards." It's only rated for 253gsm maximum -- and check the fixing unit price. I haven't checked in the past year, but when it came out the fixing unit for that machine was expensive.

3. agronomy

agronomy Member

Doh

The 5185 is business color.

4. Rok123

Rok123 New Member

our volumes will be in the range of 30,000 per month. out of which 20% will be 250gsm Boards at approximaletly 60% colour coverage on the applicacation we are hoping to print, the iRC 5185 price fits my budget. according to specifications it seems ok. i am not sure on the quality when priting A3 boards on 250gsm and how many pritng the toner will last. kindly advice

5. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

The only way I'd touch that machine for 6000 sheets per month at its max weight and 60% coverage would be with a service and supplies contract that covered toner, drums, and the expensive belt fuser. I should let someone else jump in here since my info is out of date, but from when I was looking at one of this series last year, it seems like you'll be going right for this machine's weak point.

6. cc1433

cc1433 Member