Canon iRC 3220 - Calibration Help !

Discussion in 'Canon Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by aquaihoi, Aug 10, 2009.

1. aquaihoi

aquaihoi Member

Hi All,

I have a irc 3220 with C1 RIP which needs to be calibrated. Someone was toying with it I and now the colours are out of whack.

It has a new set of toners, new itb belt, new fuser etc. Was working fine a week ago and " suddenly " decided to print colours really dark. I have been told that " someone " did " something " ???

I did a little experiment, copies fine off the glass, when I send a cmyk print ( just bars of pure CMYK ) through its all fine and smooth.

Next I switched to a different profile when sending a job and aha ! the colour changes which means that it is not a mechanical failure so it must be calibration.

I have a new sealed kodak colour cards but I have never calibrated this printer before. Can someone please give me a quick tute on how to do this.

I know all about profiles and colour repro etc. etc. but I need to know how to physically calibrate the printer without a spectrometer setup - just using the canon onboard software and the kodak strips.

Any help much appreciated. Any links to web sites also appreciated !

http://www.colorprintingforum.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

2. alex@wocltd.com

alex@wocltd.com Member

hi, it quite easy go into the printer tab icon on the machine scroll down to calibrate and follow the instruction - it is some thing along the lines of what calibaration you want to do ,overwrite, place grayscale on glasss ,read - overwrite - affect all user - yes etc

worse case scenario you can erase last calibration and/or take back to factory defaults - are you using command workstaion ? becasue you mess with/change settings through colour profile...

3. aquaihoi

aquaihoi Member

Hi Alex,

well I would just like it back to factory defaults I suppose. When I go into the print tab and select calibrate it gives me 3 options, I think its something like quick, set a, set b etc. It doesn't really give me any instructions, the time it gives instruction is when performing the graduation calibration - scanning the print outs on the glass etc. It never mentions anything about using the kodak strips. Yep total noob at this.

Yes, I use CWS, I just dowloaded ver. 5, can you give me a step by step thing, also how to reset it to factory default or change profile through cws which ever one works . . . thanks in advance.

4. aquaihoi

aquaihoi Member

Hi Alex,

just head a read of the colour wise tools - now this makes sense to me, I'll try setting up the profiles through the colorwise tool or managment panel in CWS 5.0 - I think this is the ticket as the colour problem is with the RIP server and not the machine . . .lets see how I go.

5. alex@wocltd.com

alex@wocltd.com Member

let me know - otherwise when i'm in front of a (similar) machine i'll do a walk through...

6. aquaihoi

aquaihoi Member

Works like a dream ! Man CWS 5.0 is sooooo goood !!! Perfect !

Thanks for you help ! Much Appreciated.