Canon ipf8400 power issue

Discussion in 'Large Format Inkjet Printers' started by Alexis Hemsley, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Alexis Hemsley

Alexis Hemsley New Member

Hi All
    I have a ipf8400 that will not power up after an electrical short in my workshop.
    I have been informed it will probably be the power board,

would anyone know what voltages I should be getting from the the 12 pin plug in the image attached.

I am only getting 5v from some of them, I am pretty sure this not enough to power up the motor and fans
    Thanks for any help

Attached Files:

2. merlingerin

merlingerin Member

Hi,

This is the SMPS - power supply.
    When you plug it in alone to 240V ac, will generate only 5V st-by.
    Power ON/OFF operation is controlled by the main controller PCB.
    Only on power on command from logic board the SMPS will switch to full mode.
    The power supply converts AC voltages ranging from 100 V to 240 V from the AC inlet to DC voltages for driving the ICs, motor, and others. The voltage generator circuits include the +26 V generation circuit for driving motors, fans, and sensors and a +21.5 V generator circuit for driving sensors, heads, logic circuits, and others. When the power is turned off, +26 V and +21.5 V are reduced to about 12 V and 9 V respectively (power save mode).
    From the 12 pins, 2 must be for 5Vdc, another two for 26Vdc , two for 21.5 V, one for power on ( get "on" from logic board to SMPS) and at least 4 are for GND.