Canon IPF8300s Prints Not lining up

Discussion in 'Large Format Inkjet Printers' started by nscamuffa, Jan 2, 2017.

1. nscamuffa

nscamuffa New Member

Hello,
    Let me start by stating I am very new at this. I am doing a project to cover a wall with a graphic that will be finished 252"x105". I have 42 adhesive backed vinyl that I am trying to print so it can be placed like wall paper that matches up.It should be 6-42" sheets that are 105" long. I am almost through a 50' roll and I am missing something in the print set up that is cutting some of the image which is making it not line up correctly.
    My question is what am I missing?
    I have slices the image in PS and now printing each image every time I get a missing .5 inch or so.
    HTML:
    http://imgur.com/a/x2lqn
    Here is a shot of the H and A not lining up because the A is cut off. Also the large Y is missing some too.
    Could someone on here help me with the print settings so that I don't give up on this?
    Any help would greatly be appreciated
    I now its something stupid I'm unaware of.

2. printdoc

printdoc New Member

Try making your Sheet size 1 inch larger in length and width if possible .
    I have had a similar experience which resolved by adjusting my sheet size - not print size to allow for feed error.
    You may want to check your feed calibration to insure it is as accurate as a print this size will require.
    Regards,
    Vic

3. nscamuffa

nscamuffa New Member

Thank you for the reply, I figured it out by adding 1/2" to all sides with allows for a small overlap in each panel. There is no way to line it up perfectly to edge because there would be no room for expansion or contraction of the vinyl. At least thats what a guy at a print shop told me.

4. printdoc

printdoc New Member

Good luck.
    Very ambitious print job.