Canon IPF8300 or Canon W8400?

Discussion in 'Large Format Inkjet Printers' started by Nizam, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Nizam

Nizam New Member

Hi everyone,
    I have an little confusing here.I'm doing printing business (sticker and banner) and now I plan to buy a large format printer and my friend suggest me to buy Canon Image ProGraf.When I checked at the website, there a two canon's products that I'm interested IPF8300 and IPF W8400.But I dont know what the difference between them.So I need you all opinion which printer is more suitable for banner(tarpaulin) and sticker (vinyl & PP self adhesive) printing?

2. lsw

lsw New Member

Hi Sir ,
    Which country u stay ? You just need choose IPF 8300 for doing print stickers and banners . That W8400 is older model, now can said almost obsolete.
    By the way , IPF8300 have newer model coming soon .

3. IT Supplies

IT Supplies Senior Member

The IPF8300 is discontinued per Canon and the new model is IPF8400. Same inks and body. The hardware and software are updated though.

The W8400 is more towards technical printing since it doesn't have as many colors as the IPF series. For what you want to print, I would suggest going with the IPF8400 as it will give you the best quality (color gamut).

IT Supplies

4. plotter

plotter Senior Member

none of thesee printers are suitable for any outside tarpaulins or anything outside though

5. IT Supplies

IT Supplies Senior Member

The IPF8400 would work for doing prints for outdoor usage, but the colors will only last for about a month or 2 due to the weather conditions. I didn't see anything for outside usage on their notes.

If you're having it for outside usage at long durations, you would need to go with a Eco-solvent, solvent or latex printer.