Canon iPF8300 clicking noise

Discussion in 'Large Format Inkjet Printers' started by Yoshi, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Yoshi

Yoshi New Member

Bought a used Canon and it made this sound when I turned it on. Some of the error messages on the screen calls for the replacement of the print heads. But, I'm not too sure if the sound in the video stems from the print head as well. In the meantime, I'm gonna see about getting the current printheads refurbished. The clicking sounds would go away after a couple of minutes, which allows me to use the display and look at the various menu options.

2. Biggs

Biggs Senior Member

That’s quite the sound. It sounds like you have a press running in the background. All that noise is coming from the Canon?

You’re right in thinking it’s not the printhead, at least I’ve never heard a failing printhead make a sound like that. It could be one of the belts, or perhaps an issue with one of the motors

3. Yoshi

Yoshi New Member

The noise is very loud and concerning. I forgot to add that I can still feed paper in and out of the printer. It can still cut the paper as well. To me, it sounds like something is stuck and trying to get out. Next question involves cost and worth of the printer. The printer has less than 11m^2 of print on it, though!