Canon IPF W8400 for outdoor?

Discussion in 'Large Format Inkjet Printers' started by Nizam, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Nizam

Nizam New Member

Hi guys, I'm still new in printing business so I need a you guys opinion.I'm doing an advertising printing like banner,bunting,small,and backdrops.So I plan to buy Canon IPF W8400 for outdoor printing purposes.Did you guys think thats a good idea or not? can Canon W8400 print into outdoor media? if can how long it will be lasting? really need your advise.thank you.

2. Relever

Relever Member

Hi, canon x400 is rather Indoor solution, but if you are smart/clever you will find a way to print hi-end outdoor. Till now i was printing on paper , vinyl , baner , blockout and many other media. Any of those you can laminate and put outdoor. You must decide how long it will stay out and choose solution. Pigment Can do amazing things you will see.

PS. Think about self adhering media. Quality of pigment/dye machine is the best on market LFP and recurrent this is you weapon. Besides those machine is relative cheep when you buy and simple witch maintenance but this is mine opinion.

3. plotter

plotter Senior Member

you need a solvent printer for banners ect for outside. the canons use pigment ink which as soon as it rains its gone unless laminated, and even if laminated the colours will fade within a week. trust me been there done it.. get a roland solvent printer

4. Relever

Relever Member

Please, stop jokein. If you want to i will send you raport video from UV acitivity in pigmnet.Yes you have right about roland but roland cost few thousend more then Canon.

Pigment ( not DYE ) is very strong with UV and water, you can't wash them at all with water! you have right its not acid like in solvent but its durable and extreme good quality without RIP.

5. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Guys, we can argue about our experiences all day long but one way or another, that Canon is not right tool for the job and laminating not always the option plus it take more time and materials. If outdoor printing needed than here your options: Solvent printer - really smelly, Eco-Solvent - you can be in the same room with it and not get high but it is more expensive, UV curable inks printer is probably one of the best options, it should give you a quality of dye inks and outdoor life of solvents- some HP's have UV option. The worst way to do this - think "I will spend X amount and that's it" you will spend money one way or another, buying right tool for the job is priceless, buying printer that may not do what you really need you may wind up getting stuck with it and buying the printer that will do what you need. Look for Epson GS6000 - I think this is a nice machine, so far every Epson printer i had used and sold showed a really good print quality.

6. Relever

Relever Member

Agree, at all. If you want trully Outdoor you must simply spend much more money. I will compare this to Car if you want to transport container you won't do it using a pickup you must buy eighteen wheel truck:) sorry for that. I don't have money to buy right machine and try earn money using cheaper solution:)

7. Nizam

Nizam New Member

thank you guys for the opinion..Solvent printer is the best for outdoor but the price is more higher then canon.anyway thanks for the info.really appreciate it:)

8. Relever

Relever Member

choose wise... be smart :)

9. OceUKLtd

OceUKLtd New Member

For outdoor you can try: The Océ Arizona 318 GL
    The Océ Arizona 318 GL flatbed printer is a highly-capable introductory model that offers smaller print producers entrance to the world of award-winning, high-quality UV flatbed printing.