Canon IPF 9100 - Not Printing Black - Ink supply problem suspected.

Discussion in 'Large Format Inkjet Printers' started by madmandare, May 8, 2012.

1. madmandare

madmandare Member

Hi there,

I have an IPF 9100, 11 of the colours are all printing OK, but Matte Black is either not printing at all, or prints for about the first 1 inch of a solid black page and then starts to dissapear.

When it first started, i noticed that the rubber seal on the matte black cartridge had gone and was dripping very slowly, so i replaces the seal. Problem didnt go away. I don't think it's the printheads, as have tried multiple different printheads in the machine. I cannot see any air in the lines and have stipped down machine and have check front and back. The ink lines have also been purged multipled times when i have swapped printheads.

Also, i have tried both syringing ink out from the cartridge side and also syphoning ink out on the printhead side. The cartridge has plenty of ink in it also.

The machine still isn't printing properly. It seems to get a small amount of ink to the printheads, as it prints text kind of ok, but runs out when printing a large area of solid black.

Does anyone know the best way to purge the ink lines and get rid of any air of blockages?. And also, i see that there is a small ink cannal or tank underneath the main cartridges. Could this be filled with air bubbles or maybe dried up ink or something?

Anyone have any ideas?, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Marcus