Canon ImagePress C7000vp Reviews

Discussion in 'Canon imagePRESS Digital Presses' started by xpg, Dec 12, 2007.

1. xpg

xpg New Member

We are deciding on the Imagepress 7000 and looking for feedback from those of you that have the unit in place.
    Thank you for you input

2. nyhunter

nyhunter New Member

remeber that is a digitall press and is not A press Cossitency is out of the door keep that in mind

3. digital Jim

digital Jim New Member

Sure an offset press is consistent... once you throw away the first 500+ prints while you're getting up to color and registration!

What do you mean by consistency? A digital Imagepress can do great holding the exact color sheet to sheet. Or do you mean very consistent coverage of medium grays for example? That does suck compared to an offset... but then if printing images, textures, or anything without a dead even solid, you'll never notice.

4. billy

billy Member

If talking about Canon Imagepress consistency, in between sheet is good. but from first to 200 and so on, no it is not. We even made sure the uniformity accross the sheet. This is an experience.

5. nyhunter

nyhunter New Member

OK I need to ask, if you print a job today and run the same next week they are not going to be consistent a digital press uses toner were is effected by different issues like ambient temp, parts wear. And again media also are you running a VP7000? And are you in a print for pay environment or in house printing? Were color is very critical within the page from first to latest. Were maybe I am illiterate what is the meaning of digital press? Vs. a Press? If not they should be called color copiers not presses if they cant maintain their consistency And I mean Color and yes registration too over all . Wright or wrong? I Love to hear some inputs on this discussion I am lway willing to print more.

Ps yes you are correct I need to get rid of my first 500 but I can run a job today next week and next year and yes it will have the same output. Let me know on a VP 7000?

Regards

6. nyhunter

nyhunter New Member

OK before i forget there is one thing i like about the VP7000 that is The finishing options
    and some of the software packages again has a high end digital graphics machine

7. Curtis Manning

Curtis Manning New Member

The C7000 is pretty good at consistency over large runs a 1000 or so. The reason being is that every image that gets laid down on the image blanket has two chevrons of yellow black and cyan magenta alternately laid down in front of the image. The built in spectro measures the densities of these toner strips and makes adjustment in real time. Sure its not as good as a Heidi CD but in term of your typical digital press it's not too shabby...under delta 3e

8. billy

billy Member

It maybe good in your place, but when humidity fluctuates, the color fluctuates too. Specially on gray and dark parts. And using a good paper.

9. cbelcher2005

cbelcher2005 Member

Canon 7000 is consistent

Who would ever put a piece of digital equipment into their shop and not have the environment controlled? This is the first rule of any quality driven shop. I have run more than 10000 sheets with variable data off the Canon and the first sheet the 5000th and the last sheet looked the same. Better in my opinion than a traditional press that is more than 2 years old and not perfectly maintained. The registration is controlled on every sheet by a laser beam registration system and solid metal side guide, what ManRolland or Kimori has that for under a couple million $. I love my big iron but this digital is opening doors.

10. FastColorInColumbia

FastColorInColumbia Member

A place for everything
    AND EVERYTHING IN ITS PLACE

just remember that
    there are no grippers, no push pull registration boards.
    its nice now but how about at 50000 clicks of 270gsm 12 x 18?
    10000? 250000? 500000? 1000000?

dont expect miracles
    sell its strengths, minimalize its weaknesses
    you got to think about what your selling first