Canon Imagepress C6000 purple streaking issues

Discussion in 'Canon imagePRESS Digital Presses' started by amybigfish, May 21, 2012.

1. amybigfish

amybigfish New Member

Anybody know how to fix this problem without involving a tech? We seem to have purple streaks occurring sporadically throughout large volume printing jobs of catalogs. The streaks are horizontal, span the entire width of the page, and are anywhere from 1/16 to 1/4 of an inch, usually they are one consistent brightness but occasionally they fade from left to right. I've tried calibrating, which helps somewhat, but the problem still occurs sporadically. It is sometimes hard to catch since the purple streaks do not always occur just on the front and back covers. Any suggestions?

2. aymantu

aymantu New Member

hi.
    try cleaning the glass slid for all color units with lint free paper and alcohol.
    then try cleaning the corona wires and charging grid from a command in the control panel and give it a try.

3. Michael4

Michael4 Senior Member

Yeah, it's your grid and wires. You can try the above comments advice, but ultimately you will need to have these items replaced. There's no way around it.
    Adjustments and cleaning > Wire cleaning - to clean the wire.

4. Graphic Factor

Graphic Factor New Member

I think the prior suggestions are on the money. I have gone a step further and have cleaned the corona wires in the control panels not once but up to five times in a row. I have done this process especially when I had to do a lot of black and white work, (which I don't recommend). Sorry but it does sound like your wires are going out. I have asked for and got another set so it doesn't disrupt a run. The tech would then replace the wires again. Good luck.

5. Smuckers

Smuckers Member

You might check to see if the streaks are caused by the lack of one of the 4 colors of toner. My 6000 has problems with the yellow toner clumping - when it clumps it leaves irregular streaks of color - if I was printing green, the streaks are blue (missing yellow), etc. This is a particular problem with long runs, as the machine heats up and the yellow is the one to go.