Canon CLC 3200 printing dirty copies

Discussion in 'Canon Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by Cydney, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Cydney

Cydney New Member

Hello. Has anyone any ideas as to why my Canon CLC 3200 is printing copies with a black/grey haze over the whole page? I've done a full adjustment to no avail. I thought it might be a black drum problem but have checked and black drum is only on 74. I'd be grateful for any help. I'm not a techy person - just running a small business from home. Thanks

2. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

If you have a new black drum to swap in I'd try that first. We usually got black drums to run to 190% but occassionally (rarely) we would have one go bad ~66% and start backgrounding, either the black or magenta drum. Usually magenta was the issue but I remember a few occassions when we had a black fail and start backgrounding. (If it's multicolor streaks also check the cleaning blade, but if it's black only, I'd run a full auto gradiation and if it still does it or comes back try swaping the black drum.)

3. Cydney

Cydney New Member

Thanks Jeff. Will try both those.

4. Cydney

Cydney New Member

Just to let you know that the problem was with the waste toner - since replacing with a new one the hazing has disappeared.

5. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

Thanks for posting the follow up.

Always something new to learn.

We never had the waste toner container cause a quality problem -- our machine would always alert when near full and demand the waste toner be replaced. We reused ours too by emptying waste toner out and cleaning the two plastic sensor hole covers and then screwing back together. Had 5 or 6 containers so would clean the line and reuse when the 5 got full. Had to replace the cleaning blade a few times though. I always found it a little annoying that both ours seemed to alert before the container was totally full, but maybe that was a good thing.

6. Cydney

Cydney New Member

I had the problem for quite a few weeks before the copier alerted me to the waste being full. Thanks for the tip of cleaning the plastic sensor hole covers - which is something we didn't do when we emptied the waste toner out the last time it was full. Maybe that was the problem all along? This time we used a new waste toner container.