Canon C1 - 2ND SIDE ALIGNMENT ISSUES

Discussion in 'Canon imagePRESS Digital Presses' started by katchit, Oct 13, 2007.

1. katchit

katchit New Member

I would be interested to know if anyone is having this issue on their C1 as Canon tech's are unable to resolve. We are running a Fiery Rip.
    When printing 2nd side either by auto or manual duplex from any tray the second side is 2mm offset/out of alignment with first side.
    Thanks

2. pyrate

pyrate Member

With T1 or Q1?

If you are printing auto double side you must check the "tray aligment" in the workstation, but first you must do tray aligment.
    The problem is that you can't do tray aligment with iregular sizes.
    We have the same problem and the only solution we found was to make double side from the short side of the paper.
    Sorry for my english. :rolleyes:

3. billy

billy Member

2nd side printing

You are lucky if you got 2mm only. Most printers got 4 to 5 mm. Kindly check if your paper is cut to the exact size. A 1mm short would make the problem worse. Keep in mind that when a paper went to fusing system, the paper get shorter or shrinked a little bit because it was cook. If you can find a paper that is very suitable for laser printer like Hammermill, Neusidler. Maybe your problem will somehow minimmize. Irregular sizes is not supported on back to back printing. Only the standard sizes that are mentioned on tray alignment.
    Did those Canon people teach you how to use the tray alignment as well as to calibrate your C1? I hope I am nearby at your place so I can Accomodate you.I am also creating profiles for different papers. I hope I have enlightened you somehow.

4. pyrate

pyrate Member

Sorry about the off-topic.
    billy i have the DTP-20 for calibrating papers but C1 does not support it. So i must do it from the DTP-20 software.
    How can i disable all the color management of C1 to calibrate a paper?? :confused:

5. billy

billy Member

Here are some steps:
    Calibration on the C1:
    1: Do the autograd Using the "Scanner & Printer" If you do not have scanner then use the "Printer only"
    2. Print The Patches from Densitometer Corection. Measure it and input on the printer.

Calibration on the Rip.Q1
    1. Calibrate your software Using auto cal since you do not have an eye-one.
    2. Print your pathes, be sure the "color set up " is set to none the simulation.
    3.The Output profile is set to media define profile

6. pyrate

pyrate Member

Thanks billy :)
    I will follow the second step.

7. rossstertz

rossstertz New Member

2 sided printing

you have to get the tech to adjust the image lay down because they usually set it up 2-3mm from centre. The image is not placed in the centre of the page for some reason so they have to change it.

I hope that makes sense.

8. etep571190

etep571190 Member

Hi, Copier image placement is usually adjusted from the lead edge not the center. The lead is the only constant. I have seen paper out of a ream as much as 4mm to long and 2 mm to short, and much worse when its cut in house. The Canon ip7000 is the only copier I know of that does active front to rear registration.