C14000 and C12000 Problems

Discussion in 'Konica Minolta Color Laser Printers & Copiers' started by ScottCo, Dec 14, 2021.

1. ScottCo

ScottCo New Member

We've had a Konica Minolta 12000 and a 14000 for about seven months now. Great printers but not without issues. Anyone else have either of these printers? I would love to hear about your experience.

2. matthias76

matthias76 Member

Why not share your experiences here !?
    What are your problems with this machine ?

3. jwheeler

jwheeler Member

We have a Konica Minolta C6085 and C7090. Different series engine, but the accessories and general operation are the same throughout. What are the issues you're experiencing?

4. ScottCo

ScottCo New Member

Color shifting during runs and a heavy gradient from top to bottom. Nothing consistent enough to get a handle on. We're working with Konica Minolta. They're a solid company. Good people. When these machines work they are a great printer. I thought someone on the forum might have one.

5. Mark Stephens

Mark Stephens New Member

Hi Scott,
    We've had a C12000 for the last 2 years,one of the first to go in and all we've had is issues,the IQ unit system is average to say the least and we've had that replaced,I think were on our 2nd or 3rd Fiery,most of the insides have been replaced and numerous control boards.
    It seems like there are weekly issues with print quality,strange glitches were it will print the current job one sided or back it up with a wrong image,honestly I could go on and on ,personally i think the machine was never ready at launch but they sent it out anyway,who knows how many software updates there have been and we're still having.
    The C1085s which we've been running for over 5 years have been excellent,if the fit was better I would have never upgraded.
    What sort of issues have you had?

6. Wuormar

Wuormar New Member

Hi,
    One issue with our 12000 is that the color doesn’t stick properly to the edges with Silk 170 g/m2 or heavier. Have to choose much thicker paper or raise the edge temperatures from 'Expert Adjustments'.
    Problem is only with Silk, any other coated material works fine with right paper selection.

7. Mark Stephens

Mark Stephens New Member

Hi ,
    Thats not something we've come across much on the c12000,we sometimes change the temp for odd papers but it should always work for a standard silk material,that sounds like a basic setting the engineer should sort out.
    The only time i've had to mislead the machine for grammage setting is when running the heavier stock on long sheets ,we get marking when running 350gsm plus on the longer sheets so the machine runs better if you tell it its slightly ligther .

8. Wuormar

Wuormar New Member

Thanks for your post. Got to talk to engineer with this thing again.

9. Mark Stephens

Mark Stephens New Member

Our machine is down yet again,another motor part failed but again no parts in stock so will have to wait days :-(
    Funny how heidelberg no matter what get parts to you next day but Konica take up to a week!