C1+ Very slow on Cardstock

Discussion in 'Canon Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by CanonNewbie, Apr 6, 2009.

Tags:
  1. CanonNewbie

CanonNewbie New Member

Hello all,

We just go the new C1+ and excitedly tested it out. Unforunately when we printed a paper with a 178 GSM (From Tray and a Paperdeck) it printed at the snail rate of 2 ppm! Is this normal? Our tech guys seem to think this is right which I can't believe! That is slower then my first bubblejet printer. Any suggestions?

2. phasermajster

phasermajster New Member

Hy,

it's normal that machine works slower on thicker paper. Higher the thickness of media higer the temeparture on fuser module and smaller speed, so the toner can properly fuse to paper.
    It's nothing wrong it's same on all other printers/copiers.

Regards,
    Ivo

3. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

For comparison, our docucolor 242 when set to enhanced gloss mode and running 12pt Kromekote takes between 5 and 6 hours to do 1100 12"x18" prints.

Is that 2 ppm in the imagepress c1 two 12x18's per minute or what size print?

4. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

> That is slower then my first bubblejet
    P.S. my first inkjet was a canon BJC800. When set to best mode which wasn't as good as an imagepress, I remember enjoying a full dinner while one single print was printing. Not that I don't feel your pain, but we have made some progress with printers in the last decade!

5. Johnson Liang

Johnson Liang New Member

Hi CanonNewbie,

Have you check your file size? The server need to rip the files first and send the data over to the machine. If he file size is huge it will need some time for the machine to printout.