Bypass of printing unit in Heidelberg

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by nitin77416, Jan 8, 2011.

1. nitin77416

nitin77416 Member

hello to all

We have 102f cptronic machine having problem in third unit with EAK2 card. can anyone help me for electronically bypass for third unit . it helps me to repair the card or order the card without no production loss.

If it is possible pls help me on this.

nitinpatel_2001@yahoo.com

2. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

All EAK boards are interchangeable. Try swapping boards with another unit.

3. nitin77416

nitin77416 Member

thank you for reply but i want to remove EAK2 card from machine but without production loss. is it possible?

4. mqgpress

mqgpress Senior Member

nitin - as edheidmech mentioned, depending on your model year and how the press is equipped, you may be able to exchange your printing unit #3 board with the feeder, delivery, or coating unit board as these may be using far less i/o ports. Can't hurt to give it a try....... Good Luck Steve

5. nitin77416

nitin77416 Member

Yes its right that we can interchange EAK card with each other but problems shift as we shift the card. its need to remove defective card but in that case machine will not run . I want run the machine without defective card. can we change code of machine for five col. to four col.?

6. mqgpress

mqgpress Senior Member

Sorry, nitin, that one is over my pay grade. I think all that information is stored on the piggy back board on the RGP/REK. There is also a means to change the codes by plugging in an auxiliary button into the back of the DNK, but neither do I remember nor would I recommend anyone venture into this area without being fully armed with the required information. We're all into saving money, but somethings have to be left to the professionals.

7. nitin77416

nitin77416 Member

I agree with you. I just want to know is it possible what I think ? Its a thought of my mind . & I have dispute with my electrician That he says its impossible task & I am says by system we can do this . Thats why i am asking you . pls reply on this .
    You both are very Impressive ,Thank you for your help .

8. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

Before I would go in and change key codes which can be done, I would still swap the printing unit EAK with a feeder or delivery EAK. Feeder and delivery EAK boards use far less fuctions than a printing unit EAK. It is possible that a board that did not work on a printing unit will work perfectly on a feeder or delivery. Usually the first two boards on the right are feeder and delivery. If my memory serves me correct, from right to left its feeder, delivery, cabinet (or open space, depending on age of press) then printing units. If this still does not work let me know, but I would exhaust all other options before changing key codes. Just to satisfy my curiousity, what kind of problem is the EAK causing on the printing unit?

9. nitin77416

nitin77416 Member

the problem is in EAK board that its total four ic is totally burned , & our electrician says their is no use of this card , I have to bring new card but i have to wait for new card approx six to seven days .

10. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

My advice would be to wait the 7 days for a new EAK. Changing key codes is never a good idea unless you really know what your doing and there is really no good way of know if changing key codes will work.

11. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

nitin I talked to my electrical engineer and he says that u can find this card in your CPC 1.02 electrical cabinet and replace it with the EAK.... On CPC 1.02 u can shut 1 unit....I dont know that he is right or wrong but u can try it and tell me what happened.
    He can repair your EAK Card if u want to.
    Contact me through email...or phone.

12. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

Your electrician is wrong. There are no EAKs in any CPC. Once again my advice would be to wait for your new EAK. Never take cards out of your CPC and try to put them in your press electrical cabinet.

13. nitin77416

nitin77416 Member

Yes you are right there is no EAK card in cpc , No problem sir we will wait for new card. I want to just know that is it possible or not . Thanks for all your help.

14. HEI-TECH

HEI-TECH New Member

Sorry to drag up an old thread. It is an interesting idea. You can change the variant to make it any configuration of units. But if you make a unit "invisible" to the press you could not control any objects in this unit through the CPC control. Assuming straight printing of course. The paper should make its way through this unit as per the mechanical connection is never broken(No impression,print pressure,register control).

If you are here asking such complex questions. You should not try this at home. But in reality it could be done. Low press speed and single color jobs :cool:

15. nitin77416

nitin77416 Member

thanks for keep this thread live , but we enjoyed to do bypass our machine 102f to 102v . my eak comes to me in 10 days but we run the press with 4 colors in those 10 days after eak we make it 102f . by the way you people are doing great . sp thanks to Mr exheidmech and Mr mqgpress .