Bye bye igen3 :/

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by Neess, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Neess

Neess Senior Member

Just wanted to tell you guys that here in denmark we had some insane rain dropping down on the roof this weekend, at some pointvthe water started to run down in the pipe leading the heat away from the print engine on the roof.. The igen3 was turned off, but the water ran inside on the pr belt and into developer housing etc, we already see alot corotion inside the machine and xerox does not want to fix this.
    So im waiting to see what happens, if we are going to get a new print engine or another printer like indigo.
    Atleast i still got the other igen3 and a cp800 running..

2. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

It can be fixed but at cost to your company as it is not Xerox's fault. Maybe your company has decided they can't afford it.

Do they not have insurance?

--
    Mark

3. Neess

Neess Senior Member

Yeah we have, but xerox says that theres alot of small parts wich might not fail now, but later on. They dont want to service a machine with this kind of damage.
    We have insurance, and we would rather fix it, tommorow we are having another meeting to find out whats going to happen

4. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

Fair enough. I have fixed printers due to water damage and as you say it can be never ending and you never know if any problems are due to the water in the future. The easiest I had was water dripping into the rear of the output module which blew the QSC PWB - that was all luckily

You never know you may be receiving an iGen150 :)
    --
    Mark

5. peels

peels tree killer :)

yikes!

I remember having a fireline break above a Kodak digimaster. 1500 gallons sprayed right on threw some plastic on it...water running right over the top of 720 v wires LOL then it was a race to get to the breaker

took them a while to get it all cleaned up and error free. our cost im sure.

good luck!

6. lopeza

lopeza Senior Member

We also had water come down the air conditioner pipe leading to the roof. There was water and ceiling tiles all over feeder and Marker unit. They called it the 100 year flood of Western N.Y. After lots of vacuuming and blowing compressed air on "DSC11 PWB", Dispenser Auger 1 Motor had no voltage. Replaced "DSC11 PWB" and as luck has it XPP training got me out of jam. I had to work the rest of the night.

Good luck!:mad:

7. Mikemsm999

Mikemsm999 Member

Sorry to hijack this thread...

Mark do you know if there is anyone that can service/ Repair our DC5252, we are based in Cardiff/ Newport, South Wales?

Thanks

Mike