Brochure printing

Discussion in '11 x 17 Color Laser Printers' started by gdsmithtx, Oct 5, 2009.

1. gdsmithtx

gdsmithtx New Member

I design and print brochures (Executive Summaries) for some of my company's larger proposals in the petroleum industry. They are generally printed front and back on two 11x17 pages, then folded and center-stapled to make 8 letter size pages.

I print them now on a HP Color Laserjet 5550 PS, but due to ghosting and paper feed issues -- and the fact that too many people use that printer, often screwing up my prints inadvertently -- I'm looking for an 11x17-capable color laser just for my use to print these brochures.

• It has to have nice color output (as good as the LJ 5550 PS) of text, graphics and photos onto semi-glossy 70lb paper.

• It doesn't need to have a high page per month duty cycle.

• It should handle manual feed of 11x17 and be able to print on the opposite side of already-printed pages without curling or jamming too much.

• It should be relatively inexpensive

I know that's a tall order, but if anyone has suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it. I've looked at inkjet printers for this, but the output seems pretty slow (5+ min per side).

Thanks in advance!

2. Amelia

Amelia Previous User

Please let me know what you find out as well.... thanks!

3. newworldmfp

newworldmfp New Member

Good luck with your search. Inkjet will eat you alive. Did yo usearch for used device of same model? a3 printers are/have fallen by the way side. the machine you reference was a good one though. your per page cheapest is an mfp no matter what.

4. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

We have Xerox 7400, Oki ES-3640 and Xerox 7760 that could print your jobs. All of these are faster, more reliable and quality - HP would not stand close. If you send me a sample file I could print it and mail back to you. All printers offered in really nice condition, priced under $1500. Please contact me if interested - UnlimitedBT@yahoo.com Roman. We're in NY but can ship nationwide.

5. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

I also have a Xerox 7400 i don't even like using that to print out emails has no registration and the colors are never the same!