Bourg AE22 vs. Bourg Multi AE24

Discussion in 'Collator-Booklet Maker Systems' started by RonKG, May 27, 2007.

1. RonKG

RonKG New Member

More Bourg questions... what is the difference between a Bourg AE22 and a Bourg Multi AE24?

Is the Bourg Multi AE line as well built and dependable as the normal Bourg AE line and just branded differently? Or are they different technologically? The Bourg Multi AE seem to sell a little cheaper, so I'm suspecting there must be a difference, but I can't find a source who knows what the are.

2. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

You're not also looking at this Bourg/Multi on ebay are you?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/BOURG-MULTI-AE2...ryZ57045QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I emailed the seller LCE and got this helpful response back:

"The AE 24 is very similar to the AE22. It uses the same feed wheels. Bourg built it for Multi so they would have a different looking machine to sell. The Multi Ae24 provides doubles detection in the stitcher. A sensor measures the thickness of the paper and if an extra sheet is in the set it shuts the collator off. It works very well and you do not have any complex electronics to deal with. The mulit Ae24 provides a control console at the delivery end and all the functions can be controlled from this console. Bin selection, Speed, Spacing and type of paper. The drive is DC just like the AE. I have both single and dual bin units. If you prefer the Bourg AE I have those as well. The Bourg Multi systems are priced lower because they are less popular. But they run good. For the price it is a good bookletmaker. The attachments are identical to the Bourg AE. I have a video of the Bourg Multi on my web site> www.Lcegraphics.com It was one we sold to a printer in Canada. You can see it running."

Don't think he will mind me posting his reply. (I decided not to bid on that one as I'm waitng for one with a trimmer.)