Borderless printing - Copier

Discussion in 'Other Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by momoe, Oct 16, 2009.

1. momoe

momoe New Member

Any color copier which is comes with borderless printing??

THX.

2. Xirc

Xirc Member

I am not aware of any current color copier which supports borderless printing. I assume it would have to work like inkjet bordless where the bleeds overspray the sheet; with laser I assume a larger image would be built up on the transfer belt and then there would need to be an extra cleaning mechanism of the transfer roller so the "toner on the bleed area" wouldn't end up on the back of the following sheet.

In a short-run environment saving the time of trimming the bleeds would be appealing, but possibly the cut off paper of the bleeds is the cheapest "cleaning" mechanism out there.

It would be interesting if someone brought this out, but maybe the money is not there as anyone with volume and thus $$$ is already accustomed to trimming and has a nice cutter already... let me know if you find something interesting that I'm not aware of.

3. momoe

momoe New Member

Thanks, but i just heard from someone saying that konica minolta's copier has this, is that true???

4. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

the only borderless laser printer is the one that comes with paper cutter on the side :)
    It is technologically nearly impossible to happen. I mean printer can image 8.5x11 but transfer and fusing will have a problem with that. Laser printing technology is a few decades old, they would make it if they could by now.