BLT6 (75KW) problem - main motor stops randomly.

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Waqas_zahid, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Waqas_zahid

Waqas_zahid Senior Member

we have been facing an issue with the BLT6 on our CD102, the machine would stop randomly and displays certain error messages on the screen (picture attached), anyone has any idea? I have tried a couple of things and we have Heidelberg technicians working on the issue as well.

Attached Files:

2. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

To me it looks like your BLT detects low voltage going to the main motor. Check to see if you have any INIT or DYN error codes. Those will provide more specific information on what exactly is going on in the main motor or BLT. The obvious thing to check without having more information is the incoming power to the machine. Make sure you dont have any power fluctuation. Incoming power should remain withing +/- 5% of required incoming power. Make sure all 3 legs are the same. Measure each leg to ground and leg to leg. All readings should be pretty much the same. Make sure you have a dedicated ground, all the way back to the main disconnect. Conduit is not a sufficient gound. I think if you solve your incoming power issues, this problem will go away.