Black stock

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Ricardo, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Ricardo

Ricardo Member

Hi, gentleman’s. Next weeks I’m going to try to run black stock (cover). I have never tried before. Do you guys have any idea if the eyes are going to detect that paper? Or the side guide eyes? I run a Heidelberg 102 zp cp tronic 1994. Thanks.

2. Jack liston

Jack liston Senior Member

Hi I think you will have a problem the eyes will not allow the sheets
    to be fed had this happen to me on tumble sheets when the image was into gripper margin I believe the eyes cannot be adjusted . If you have a white margin you can get away with it good luck!

3. Jack liston

Jack liston Senior Member

If you have time maybe you can make your own black stock double hit black and leave gripper margin white this way no problems with sheet detector

MacD likes this.

4. MacD

MacD Member

If it is for a finishing aspect. You can achieve the same affects through double hits, rich black built through process colors, and an effect coating (matte, satin, soft touch, gloss).

I have ran foil board through these presses and the sensors have been able to work properly. Ultrasonic sensor was the only one that was needed to be turned off and make sure all other mechanical double sheet detectors are working properly. Guides and everything else worked fine.