Bizhub Pro C6500 Deinstall Question

Discussion in 'Konica Minolta Color Laser Printers & Copiers' started by patgate, Sep 19, 2016.

1. patgate

patgate New Member

Hi:

New here. Not a tech.

I just bought a C6500 and need to know what to do to prepare it for shipping. Some printers require you to remove stuff, like toner cartridges and such.

Could someone please tell me what needs to be done to safely prepare this for shipping so nothing gets damaged?

Thanks for your help,

Burt

2. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Hi, Toner system is pretty much embedded in to the body. If I was going to so supersafe, I'D remove Developer unit and drums out but be aware that they require wery special handling on their own. Soft material wrap, I found that those blue blankets out of PetCo or Pharmacy meant to be underlayed for baby change work well. Beyond that, cardboard corner reinforcements, plastic wrap, some bubble wrap and careful ride is pretty much all you can do.
    How far are shipping it? Interstate? Are you planning on giving it to freight carrier? If yes, than you have to mount it on to the pallet, install wooden blocks so wheels will be off the surface, prevent it from sliding, lock it in to place with belts, layers of cardboard with bubble/shrink wrap. It is a piece of work but otherwise they will trash it.
    Get additional insurance.
    Good luck.

3. patgate

patgate New Member

Thanks. I'm moving it myself. A rental truck and tons of tie-downs. From NYC to northern New Jersey. Once it's in the truck, I plan to lower the feet beyond the wheels so it won't move. Thanks again

4. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

get a bunch of blankets, wrap it like a baby, drive carefully and you should be fine for a short travel.
    Once machine rolled to it's residence, have a tech come and inspect it, vacuum some tome drips and level it.

5. ahmedmaher74

ahmedmaher74 Member

I'm doing the same .. can you advise please

Hi Burt
    I'm moving a konica Minolta C6500 too from NY to North NJ .. can you please advise the truck you rented and share some experience .. if you don't mind please call me to get all information in a minute ... 862 290 5971
    Thanks a lot

Ahmed