Bizhub Pro C500 Error Code SC29-08

Discussion in 'Konica Minolta Color Laser Printers & Copiers' started by roblesrene, Sep 1, 2012.

Tags:
  1. roblesrene

roblesrene Member

I keep getting this code SC29-08. I read up on what may be causing it but in the mean time is their a software switch I can change to stop the code from coming on.

2. Michael Hay

Michael Hay Member

The code relates to a Dmax error for Magenta. Most likely due to either a dirty Gamma sensor, faulty Magenta developing unit or Drum.
    Turning off 24-2 and 24-3 can be turned off but this should only be a temporary solution to get the machine operational whilst the faulty parts are ordered and replaced. This will have a significant impact on print quality running the machine with these soft switches disabled.

3. roblesrene

roblesrene Member

Where is the Gamma Sensor. Also could the code also mean Developer needs changing.

4. Michael Hay

Michael Hay Member

The Gamma sensor is located just to the left of the transfer belt unit (in the main body cavity. If you slide out the process unit (Drum, developing, transfer belt are on the one assembly that slides out on rails) you should see the unit i am talking about. There are three sensors on the assembly two are the colour registration sensors and the one in the middle is the Gamma sensor. They are shielded by spring loaded small plates that operate by solenoids. These can be manually liftes to reveal the sensors.

5. Michael Hay

Michael Hay Member

Sorry forgot to mention it could be caused by a worn developer. If you are familiar with the service modes within the machine i would output test pattern 81 and see if your magenta densities on that page look ok

6. roblesrene

roblesrene Member

The magenta prints rough on the paper. If developer needs changing, is it done easily.

7. Michael Hay

Michael Hay Member

The first thing i would try is a toner refresh. When the toner goes off inside the developing unit it can cause this. Also ensure your charge corona is seated correctly. If you are not an experienced person i would suggest you get someone in professionally that can replace the developer for you. Toner refresh is located in administrator mode under execute adjust operation. There are four modes (Auto Gamma, Auto Color Registration, Belt refresh and Toner refresh). Just do toner refresh first then when that completes try Auto Gamma and Auto Colour Registration.

8. roblesrene

roblesrene Member

If it wouldn't be to much trouble to ask, can you still tell me how Developer is changed. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks a lot also for all the info. Extremely helpful.

9. roblesrene

roblesrene Member

Oh, and also, is there a way to test or check the Gamma sensor. Thanks again.

10. Michael Hay

Michael Hay Member

Hi,
    I cannot supply this information unfortunately. Replacing the developer requires entering service mode, it also requires running the machine with the doors opened. This has obvious safety concerns for an untrained person. Company policy dictates that i cannot advise this procedure. Sorry about that but i cannot supply this info in an open forum.