Bizhub C451 Black prints out of CMYK on reverse of sheet

Discussion in 'Konica Minolta Color Laser Printers & Copiers' started by Barnabus, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Barnabus

Barnabus Member

I have a Bizhub C451 and I am printing through a Fiery from a Mac using OS X 10.6.8.

I have an A3 sheet with colour and black text on both sides. There is a graphic on the pouter side that is black only - created as a grayscale jpg / tiff/ bitmap (tried all versions).

I printed the inner first and it is perfectly fine. When I print the outer for some reason the text prints out of 4-colour and the mono graphic also prints out of 4-colour even though that and the main text are black only (100%k). The colour text on both sides is fine, there is no deviation.

I am using the Fiery 50-45c-KM-Colorplus profile. I have tried the others and messed about with pure black,rich black, etc; I have turned off the RGB and CMYK setting sin the "Gray and Black" in colour management, but still no joy.

I am desperate as I cannot find the answer and am falling behind with work.

PLEASE, PLEASE< can anyone help me?

Barney

2. seanryder

seanryder Member

Hi, saw this thread on the efi site and replied. Not sure if this will work but in command workstation under job properties, go to color tab and try checking the box for composite overprint. It has worked for me more often than not. Hope this helps.

3. Barnabus

Barnabus Member

Thanks so much. That has sorted the text issue, which is a great help, but the mono graphic is STILL printing out of all colours. . . . .BD(

4. Barnabus

Barnabus Member

FOUND THE SOLUTION . . .

Finally . . I had to make sure in the Workstation that black was pure black and set as overprint foe text . . PHEW!!!

Thanks for all the help and pointers.

regards

C

5. seanryder

seanryder Member

Glad you worked it all out. I"m gonna have to remember about the black set to pure black and overprint. Gonna be in the UK in about a month. My wife is from London and was talking about going to Newquay (your neck of the woods). She said its beautiful, but timing and family arrangements might not allow it this trip.

S

6. Barnabus

Barnabus Member

Weather could be good in early September, usually like an indian summer.

Rain at the moment . . . argghhh! Feel really sorry for holiday makers who spend a bomb to come to stay and it rains . . . Cornwall is beautiful even in the rain though . . . but then, I am a biased Cornishman (Mab Kernow). Lol!