Bizhub C450

Discussion in 'Konica Minolta Color Laser Printers & Copiers' started by Mahoganybd, Dec 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mahoganybd

Mahoganybd Member

My bizhub C450 has a fiery controller that seems to have stopped working. It's connected the the PC by a USB cable. Now when I turn on the switch, nothing happens. I also notice a that there's a Ethernet net port on the printer. Can I use this and bypass the fiery controller. If so, what do I need to do? I tried the control panel on the printer but could not find the TCP settings menu. When I turn on the printer, the only message I get is "turn on the power controller".
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated to get me up an running.

Thank you,

2. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

Don't know too much about the C450... usually the fiery is connected to the main body by ethernet. Is this cable connected and good? Then there is another ethernet to print to the fiery with. (the fiery usually has two ethernet ports -- one for input and one for output to the main body)
    I read that you can change a controller setting on the C450 main body from 1 to 0 to change the main body ethernet from accepting fiery input to direct. That would require using a different print driver on the computer you are printing from - the one for the machine without a fiery - but could be way to bypass your fiery if it is no longer operable. (Other machines have either a print controller OR the fiery)