Bizhbupro quality issue.

Discussion in 'Other Digital Presses' started by lantz_xvx, Oct 2, 2013.

1. lantz_xvx

lantz_xvx Senior Member

Hey all,

I just thought of another thing I wanted to pick peoples' brains about. We've had this consistent problem on 100#C cardstock where, maybe about 1/4" in from the tail edge, the quality can be awful. There's a streak that goes across the sheet where the toner looks terrible. It's hard to explain, but it looks like the toner isn't laid down completely, or as if something is dragged across it, or something. I'll see if I can post a picture later.

This happens with 13 x 19 sheets as well as smaller sheets, and it's always in the same exact spot.

Our technician tells us it's humidity, but we don't really believe him. If there was moisture in the paper, wouldn't that quality issue pop up in random places, rather than the same exact one every time? And if all the paper is coming from the same manufacturer via the same distributor and kept in the same room, wouldn't we have the same issue with 80#C, 60#T and 70#T? As it stands, it's only 100#C.

We've tried a number of things to resolve the issue, and sometimes it doesn't do it. Sometimes it looks somewhat noticeable, other times it's extremely noticeable. It's a real head scratcher though. Until I can post a pic later, that's all I've got. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    - Lantz