Bi colour digital duplicator

Discussion in 'Digital Duplicators' started by cs12312, Nov 8, 2011.

1. cs12312

cs12312 New Member

I want to know whether i can use digital duplicator for commercial purpose. I mean like offset machine. i saw MZ 790 of riso. How is the product, its credibility, result of printing and durability. Can it print 300000 to 400000 per month.

Afro254 likes this.
  2. plotter

plotter Senior Member

it certainly will print them, but the quality is poor compared to litho. i use one but just for cheapo raffle tickets and such like with no halftones

3. HPC

HPC Senior Member

I have that machine and another Riso, its a good product, does what they say it will do, but I would not try and print commercial quality with it. The 790 is okay, takes a bit of a learning curve versus the one color machines, like the 390.

4. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Hi, keep in mind that master lasts about 4-5000 impressions and it does stretches trough the run. You will not be able to hold a registration between the colors, not a trap, not a hairline - don't count on it. If the job is line work, no halftones to points of registration - it is ok, otherwise keep your press :)
    I do use my duplicator for simple vector based line art forms, envelopes etc - all BS work everything else goes laser or litho...

Afro254 likes this.