best ink/fountain solution for web press

Discussion in 'Web-Presses' started by ABerg3860, Jan 7, 2022.

1. ABerg3860

ABerg3860 Member

Could someone please tell the best ink and fountain solution to use on a cold set web press? We are running a Hantscho single color web with a ribbon folder. Unless things are absolutely perfect, we get what I call tracking (or set off) from the first roller after the printing occurs. The Hantscho we have feeds from the bottom, goes up vertically to a top roller, then on to the folder.
    Thanks for any help[.

2. Tlang

Tlang Member

On the old Color King 2000 I used to work on we used PRISCO WEBFOUNT 211. Also a little trick that might help when we would get tracking off of the grater rollers we would actually rub them down with grease and it helped tremendously. Also on that press our conductivity usually ran in the 1500-1700 range. Playing with conductivity might be a step to try, obviously don't go so high that it begins to damage the plate (3000+ range) or too low that you can't get the print to look sharp (1200 or lower range) just have to experiment and find your sweet spot.

3. Tlang

Tlang Member

Oh I almost forgot to mention, measure your water supply to get more accurate conductivity information, because if you have really low quality water with a base conductivity of like 500 then going to a conductivity of 1200 is only 700 over water and you will not be able to print.