Beginners RIP software

Discussion in 'Other RIPs' started by PressingPrints, Feb 5, 2022.

1. PressingPrints

PressingPrints Member

Hello all,

I’m fairly new to the printing world.

I’m looking for a recommendation for a beginners RIP software. Just looking for something simple that I can learn on.

I currently run an HP Designjet z6100 60” and an Xante Ilumina 502 digital press.

Does anybody know of any free or open source RIP software? Would love to know what all you’ve started with and what has treated you good.

thanks,

2. Adil

Adil Senior Member

Hi pressing print
    For beginners in the printing world, there are several RIP (Raster Image Processor) software options to consider. While some professional RIP software can be expensive, there are also free or open-source alternatives that you can explore like Gutenprint is an open-source printer driver for CUPS (Common Unix Printing System) and supports a wide range of printers, including some hp models
    While not entirely free, PrintFab offers a trial version with limited features. It supports various printers, including HP Designjet models.
    The Common Unix Printing System is not a traditional RIP software, but it's worth mentioning. It's an open-source printing system widely used in Unix-like operating systems.
    HP Linux Imaging and Printing (HPLIP) is a free, open-source solution for HP printers. It may not offer all the features of a dedicated RIP, but it's suitable for basic printing tasks.