beginner questions

Discussion in 'UV' started by Cicili, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Cicili

Cicili New Member

Hello everybody,

I'm new here and I bought a new printer so I have a few questions.
    So far I used an old solvent printer based on epson 1290. now I bought a Chinese uv 3360 printer.jpg

uses one epson xp600 printhead.

So let's start with the questions:
    1. I have no need for white ink in my work, do I even need to put it into the printer? since the printer has no white circulation and the mixer I will only have problems.

2. is there any rip software I can use other than the one that comes with the RIPPRINT printer?
    this rip does not allow me to send to print from other programs which is important to me considering all the preparation I have for an old printer?

3. Can I use alcohol to clean my printer instead of my UV cleaner?
    because I don't know if I'm going to get one since I'm still waiting for liquids

4. In general what should you look out for in maintenance? any advice welcome.

2. Wappy

Wappy New Member

Hi

How did you get on with this printer? I've ordered the same.

Was you able to find the answer to questions by using it, as I too have the same questions?

Thank you

3. Cicili

Cicili New Member

hi,

You need to fill all ink.
    I haven't tried any other rip program yet.
    I got a uv cleaner with the printer and am using it for now.

The white color clogged me very quickly even though I used it and did everything according to the instructions.
    It prints nicely when you get used to it and find the ideal settings for yourself.

4. Wappy

Wappy New Member

Many thanks for your reply! It's rare to come across anyone that has actually used/owned this printer and you are the first I've found. Good to hear that at least it's working nicely once you get used to it.

How did you unclog the white color?

I've also ordered UV cleaner, but having no experience with this type of printer (or even solvent print), what is the process of the cleaner, in that sense that do you run it through the actual printer to flush out ink/clean printer head, or is it simply used in general such as to clean the wiper blade etc?

5. Cicili

Cicili New Member

Some operating instructions will come with the printer. Contact the technical service they will give you videos with instructions so that part is nicely explained.

I didn't unclog the white color, it's most likely a problem in the print head. of course they will not admit failure. for my job I don’t need white so I don’t bother too much.