Beginner Help - Printing on Rubber Materal

Discussion in 'Print Community General Printing Discussion' started by sgazadi, Jun 7, 2016.

1. sgazadi

sgazadi New Member

Hello all!

I am brand new to the forums and am very excited to learn more about printing.

I want to print onto a rubber material (rubber floor mats), and am very interested in purchasing my own printer.

When I began printing on rubber floor mats, I worked with a printer who used sublimation. I later moved to another printer who used a digital printer and the colors came out much better.

I'm thinking of purchasing a large format digital printer to begin doing it myself, as I've always had an interest in it.

Do you think a digital printer is the best thing to use for these floor mats? They are about 80 inches by 30 inches. Because people constantly walk on them, the paint also fades rather quickly, so if anyone has a suggestion for a better printing method I would love to hear it.

2. Bill Borcicky

Bill Borcicky Senior Member

interesting deal you have, the problem is the ink is not thick enough to last, also a base coat would help prior to print. Most digital printers lay a base as it prints to make the colors more bold. I do not know the quantity your getting into but you may look into screen printing with uv inks to dry fast for you. ??