Basic GTOZ operation question

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by m_alatorre, Sep 10, 2010.

1. m_alatorre

m_alatorre Senior Member

Hello,

When i start the GTOZ with the run button (either feeder or delivery panel) it automatically goes to pre-set speed(like 6000 sph if that was my last printig speed).

Should that be so? I think i read somewhere that with one press of the run button it started slow and with a second press THEN it goes to pre-set. But i migth've dream about it.(or it could be the press IPA that i've been drinking lately)

Any ideas?...

I have medium skills in electric and mechanic maintenance... Is there some maintenance i can/should perform to the speed regulating motor?(it stopped working yesterday and a tech came in and just reset it)

Thank you all

Moe

2. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

With any CPTronic machine, the first depression of the production button will start at 3000 iph and remain at 3000 iph until you depress the production button a second time, only at that point will it go to your preset speed. With GTO this is not the case unless you have a stream fed GTO, which is a CPTronic machine. With a GTO single sheet feeder, non of which are CPTronic, it will go to your preset speed with the first depression of the start button.

3. m_alatorre

m_alatorre Senior Member

Thanks exheidmech,

The guy who came said the diagram showed so. I just could not belive him. Now i do.

Interestingly enough, if i hold the slow button when pressing the run button, it does start at 3000 iph and when i press it again it then goes to preset. Would i be messing with the electronics of the machine by doing so?. Hope not!

Moe