bandings in magenta on HP Indigo 3050

Discussion in 'HP Indigo Digital Presses' started by 3050, Aug 24, 2011.

1. 3050

3050 New Member

Hi there,

this is Sven from Germany.

We have a problem with our HP indigo 3050.

Only in magenta there is a banding all over along the printing area in running direction.
    Please have a look at achttachment.

We already changed BID.

thank you
    best wishes
    S

Attached Files:

2. demteam

demteam New Member

Magenta banding

Magenta is always a problem on the Indigo. However, It shouldn't be that bad. To me it looks like you could have a bad bid or your ink needs to be replaced.

3. smygolf

smygolf Member

I dont remember the name for the card thats controling the bids, today they are called BDU:s, i might think the problem is there.
    Try to swoop to cards and se if the probs apear on the other bid.

4. DGS

DGS Member

hi try reducing the conductivity by draining some ink say a quarter of an imaging oil bottle from tank and replacing it with clean imaging oil , before getting ready bypass the conductivity setting otherwise the machine will replace the conductivity straight away and nullify what you are trying to do .

If you give the new BID a clean whilst you are draining the tanks , replace it and get Ready you may well not see the banding if so you will need to get the conductivity recalibrated correctly but as a workaround can set the conductivity to target value of 65 maximum , look at Ink diagnostics , Setup
    also some times it is a benefit to reduce the magenta density in the tank to help reduce banding to do this you can set the target value for density to lower than 1.75 say 1.65 , this can also help with the cyan if you experience banding or background problems with that colour reduce the conductivity and density targets in ink for that colour also.