Auto roller wash query

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by RichardK, Jul 19, 2011.

1. RichardK

RichardK Senior Member

Morning troops...here's a quickie...I want to increase the spray time slightly for the auto roller wash on a Lithrone 626 (2001).

The manual shows a panel inside the main console but when I checked our console there is a roller wash frequency counter (set at 5) but nowhere can I find a Spray On timer as indicated in the book.

There are is a variable potentiometer on the LHS of the inner panel under the first bank of thermal breakers - marked VCN-FSC, this is like a mini pcb with a red LED that comes on when the roller wash sequence begins.

Thanks in advance

2. RichardK

RichardK Senior Member

40 views and no response? No other Komori gurus out there?

Where's Klecman? Hey klec wake up buddy I'm drownin' here :D

3. Kaoticor

Kaoticor Senior Member

We increased the spray a while back, although we have a Lithrone 28 here. I'm not familiar with your model, but we couldn't increase the time it sprayed, only the amount of sprays it did over a period of time. Do you think the control is similar?

4. RichardK

RichardK Senior Member

Thanks for responding...yeah we seem to just have a click unit to increase/decrease the number of sprays.

What we're finding is that the first squirt of solvent is good but the subsequent ones are very weak or non-exisitent, even purging the units before washup begins doesn't really help. I'm wondering if we have an air pressure issue. I'll check the gauges tomorrow.

5. RichardK

RichardK Senior Member

We're still experiencing poor wash -ups does anyone have a clue as to how to increase the length of time that the spray operates? As previously stated we can alter the frequency of sprays but I feel that the length of time that the spray is on is more important.

6. panos greece

panos greece Member

Good evening and happy new year to all of you..........at the moment iam working an L-440 with touch panel as i remember there are several adjustments for auto roller wash the first on the menu is the amount of the solvent second is how many times for spraying and some others which i dont remember at the time ..........
    The answer at the time is that if the system was working and now is not ...........first check the air pressure.....if its ok maybe you have an issue with the valves from carbonates of calcium and magnesium from the water mixer............................
    any way iam not near the press now
    tomorrow evening i will write here again the steps to reprogram the autoroller wash i have to read the manual again and its not very easy because japanesse use very strange symbols
    as i remember it takes a lot of time in the past to program it for rollers blanket and impression...................

7. jetscreamer

jetscreamer Senior Member

Richardk, from memory my 1998 L4/28 had little dials either beside or underneath where you could do all your adjustments, these small dials are on the left door of the main cabinet, just like yours. I couldn't change individual units but I could change the air pressure to each unit which are located beneath the running board on the drive side.
    cheers
    jet screamer

8. Meny

Meny Senior Member

from under the foot board on DS you can alter the air pressure that will push the fluid up the pipes , but not the timing.
    The# of spray's and the time between are sorted from the electric cabinet.
    As far as i can remember you have no control over the time it takes to spray , but how many times and the time from one to the next.
    Is it the best ? well on the LS presses you can do more.....but they cost more too :)

Good luck

Meny