APC Music Player

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by klecman, Apr 15, 2009.

Tags:
  1. klecman

klecman Senior Member

I have a customer who is looking for a music and song playing device to replace the factory supplied music that is played during automatic plate changing and automatic make ready. He is tired of "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Greensleeves" as I'm sure a lot of Komori pressman are. It should be an ANSII/OSHA approved safety device and ideally would have a selection of songs or be programmable

I have heard of these being installed but so far haven't found anything on Google. Any help would be appreciated.

2. 5150pressman

5150pressman Senior Member

Doesn't it have about 5 or 6 songs that you can change??
    When I worked on a press semi apc I turned it off.

3. klecman

klecman Senior Member

Thanks for the comment.

It's a required ANSII 2000 safety feature that the machine make a warning sound when it is in automatic motion. Yes there are several sounds on the stock horn but the nursery ryme theme gets on people's nerves after a while. I assume this is why you turned it off. At the Javitts Center in 1990 or '91 when we demonstrated the first fully automatic plate changer, the Japanese had it programmed with German nursery rymes. We thought it was done to irritate the Heidleburg people. Everywhere I turned, people were whistling the tunes and after a few days, it became very annoying.

I've had many requests over the years to come up with some alternative tunes and now that I'm retired, I have the time to see if I can find a player that would allow the pressman to choose from a wide variety of tunes.

One could just hook up a relay to operate the "pause" control on a CD player but that would not meet safety specs unless the player was ANSII aproved as a safety warning device. One requirement is that it has to restart immediately when the press is about to move again.

Simple problem, difficult solution.

4. danakomori

danakomori Member

some one on ebay is selling a couple of replacement Arrow Tryren horns for $629 each:eek:, the seller is Cintinix.

here are some of the tunes
    ebay # 7562636895
    Table of Built-in Sounds:
    1. Rudolph The Red-nosed Reindeer
    2. Schubert's Luluaby
    3. Konnako Irukana
    4. Toy's Cha-cha-cha
    5. Bear in the Forest
    6. It's a Small World
    7. Mickey Mouse Club March
    8. Happy Birthday

also
    ebay # 7562636088
    Table of Built-in Sounds:
    1. Color/White Blend
    2. Surf Paradise/Ski Paradise
    3. Autumn Air
    4. Saturday Lovers
    5. September
    6. Listening to Olivia
    7. I wanna be your Guard
    8. Runner

5. jed

jed Member

when Mr. komori came to our shop the next dude in charge that spoke english said you could change it but you needed to be an electriction. Personly I love Hirosima's Revenge as we call it around the shop

6. MarylandPrinter

MarylandPrinter New Member

our komori plays the Batman theme song from the old televison show.

7. klecman

klecman Senior Member

Did you add "Batman" yourself or have someone install it? I haven't heard that one.

I've found a system that will do the job. The price is not too bad, $500 plus installation. That's less than the $639 discounted price of the horns on eBay. The one I located is like an industrial iPod that can be loaded with songs, music, or any kind of audio. So, for just about the price of the horn, I could install the programmable player by adding half a dozen wires.

For info: the early models had a selection of irritating songs that could be changed by changing wires on the horn connector. Then they came out with a switch under the back cover of the horn and one vendor offers a separately wired switch.

The dude that spoke English was probably Kosh and he I think he referring to changing the wires on the connector.

Thanks for the help.