Anyone with a Xerox 800/1000 running Pacesetter Stock?

Discussion in 'Xerox Digital Presses' started by wagsgraphx, Jan 24, 2013.

1. wagsgraphx

wagsgraphx Member

Anyone with a Xerox 800/1000 running Pacesetter Stocks as your main house stock? If you are or were, are you having skewing problems?
    Constant 077-134 errors/jams?
    My machine has gotten finicky and not holding front to back registration.
    The machine doesn't seem to be holding any adjustments made in the profile section.

What have been your experiences with this paper? Or are you having similar issues and running a different stock, if so what?

2. claudinei

claudinei Member

77-134

ola amigo, você já tentou entrar como administrador e mudar a pressão dos rolos (ranger -40 - 0 - +40) posição original é zero mas mudando estas provavelmente ira funcionar normalmente. esta falha ocorre principalmente em papel acima 250gm

3. Neess

Neess Senior Member

to be honest we have alot of jams on our cp800, the worst is the 4 minutes warm up from every jam which involves the fuser(!!!).
    Try as Claudinei to change the roller pressure. The most of our heavier stock is set to -36
    Check to clean the assist sensor in the registration, and the paper path sensor right after the transfer aswell

4. wagsgraphx

wagsgraphx Member

After 2 years of running this thing I have played with every setting available. Ever since they switched out to the silver aligner rollers all my pressure settings have been minus. The problem is the greater the minus setting the more chance you have of the sheet skewing and your f/b registration being off. I clean all my sensors and all the rubber rollers that touch the paper. I didn't used to have this problem, now it's a daily battle.
    Even when I go into the profiles and change settings to compensate for what the press is doing, they don't hold and more corrections have to be made.
    I'm constantly chasing f/b registration and skewing.
    Of course Xerox wants to blame it on the paper. That's why I'd like to know what paper brand people are running.
    Is anybody running Xerox stock and still having these issues?

5. Neess

Neess Senior Member

The only xerox stock i ran was nevertear, it was horrible sometimes aswell.. Id like to think when you get on the first week training as a xerox tech they tell you different ways to convince the customer its their paper which is the cause of the problem. However my experience is, since we got a onsite tech i often tell him to go look up the fault codes and find a solution, and he usually do by replacing og cleaning something. So if i where you i would tell them to fix instead of blaming the paper, rough them up ;)

6. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

First thing I do when at an X1000/800 with this problem is to replace the three aligner rolls and remove the de-fluff pads which can cause drag.
    Does the skewing/jamming happen more from the HCF or from trays 1 & 2 or only when duplexing.

These rolls are from the 2060 design and IMOO are only just capable of handleing the heavier stocks at a higher speed but I do have success if replaced and kept clean regularly. Any build up tends to 'weld' it's self to the rolls causing them to go shiny and lose their grip

I have had the problem but only from the HCF. It was corrupt NVM's causing it and running DC126 in CSE diag solved it.

I don't know how your service guys run your sites but we keeps these rolls on all of the lockers

Also check that you are not running the HP Indigo version of the stock. There may be two versions. One for Indigo and another for Xerox Fuser type printers. They are not compatible. If it says HP Indigo certified it is not the correct stock even if it says on the packet Xerox approved. Alot of mills have been doing this to increase there sales volume across the range

--
    Mark

7. claudinei

claudinei Member

Boa Tarde senhores
    Ao substituir a correia do fusor (064K93300), surgiu uma marca na mesma (bolha) apos aquecer, o que ficou bem visivel na impressão, sera que alguém ja teve este problema, para mim parece defeito de fabricação?

8. Neess

Neess Senior Member

I havent seen that on any of our belts, so yeah, probaly a manufacturing fault

9. wagsgraphx

wagsgraphx Member

I just replaced a belt because of a crescent moon shape cut that developed in my belt. Did not see it initially when it was installed.

10. wagsgraphx

wagsgraphx Member

Xerox is planning on replacing my registration unit. Nothing they have done so far has corrected the problem. I constantly have to back off Aligner pressure during the run to stop jams, then the sheet starts skewing on F/B registration.

11. claudinei

claudinei Member

77-134

boa Tarde wagsgraphx

Voce ja verificou os sensores do registro, se o modulo do registro esta se movimento corretamente, a configuração do formato do papel se esta correta.
    A plataforma onde passa o papel não tem nada segurando o papel a mesma não esta aspera (Defeito de fabricação).
    A Falha acontece em qual gramatura?

12. claudinei

claudinei Member

boa Tarde wagsgraphx

Voce ja verificou os sensores do registro, se o modulo do registro esta se movimento corretamente, a configuração do formato do papel se esta correta.
    A plataforma onde passa o papel não tem nada segurando o papel a mesma não esta aspera (Defeito de fabricação).
    A Falha acontece em qual gramatura?

13. claudinei

claudinei Member

Boa Tarde Mrs.
    Alguem pode me indicar algum site dos EUA onde eu possa comprar peças para Xerox1000 (Press1000), visto que no brasil o custo do consumivel da mesma esta muito alto.

14. Mackas

Mackas New Member

I've been running a Xerox 1000 since August 2010. All types of stocks except Nevertear. Registration, skewing, tombstoning, front to back alignment all OK and we were very happy. Fuji Xerox have used us as a reference site although not recently.
    But in August 2012 we had a Full Width Array fitted and since that time it is a daily battle to keep registration under control. Sometimes it takes 5 tries with the Full Width Array to get the alignment correct.
    Lots of service calls, Creo software updates, tray calibrations (we run 4 trays) and the alignment can be off on the next job.
    My next attempt will be to see if we can disable the Full Width Array to see if that is the cause of the problem.
    Has anyone else had a Full Width Array retro-fitted?

15. Neess

Neess Senior Member

yes we had a full width array fitted a few month after the printer was installed. Im really pleased with the allignment profiles and do not suffer the same problems as you do.

16. Mackas

Mackas New Member

Thank you. I'm not fully convinced that the FWA is the culprit, but we have had most of the feeders and alignment parts replaced and the problems keep recurring.

17. Mackas

Mackas New Member

Steel alignment rollers

By coincidence Fuji Xerox arrived with new steel alignment top rollers replacing the worn white plastic rollers.
    The white ones were worn down to different diameters which might account for the mis-alignment of the prints.
    But because there was replacement (improved) parts available, perhaps it was a known issue.
    Frankly I don't care but it would have been helpful to hear that it was a known issue and that a fix was in the works. That way we probably would have had a lot less downtime chasing the wrong solution.
    So if anyone else is having registration issues, insist on replacing the plastic rollers with the steel rollers.

18. Neess

Neess Senior Member

Hmm we got those replace about a year ago, its an old fix.

19. claudinei

claudinei Member

ola Mackas
    qual o codigo deste rolos novos ou innoveitors para que eu possa acha los e comprar

20. claudinei

claudinei Member

ola MarkD
    Voce tem codigo do rolo de metal