Any one who is good with elecrtical

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by ftwaltonprint, Jul 21, 2011.

1. ftwaltonprint

ftwaltonprint Member

MO Saftey Switch Problem

ok the blanket safety bar is not working, too micro switch off and it should have disabled it, didnt happen, that did nothing, went into the electrical box and the contacter relay switch is out when it should be in, i pushed the relay and the error went away, the only problem is that it wont stay pushed in, press is MOVP-H

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  2. Ricki Mendes

Ricki Mendes Member

Try replacing the relay, if it will not stay in it is most likely bad.

3. mqgpress

mqgpress Senior Member

ft walton - if you have a meter, simply check the A1 and A2 terminals, if you read 110 volts across (or 220 volts if so marked) the coil is bad.

4. ftwaltonprint

ftwaltonprint Member

the A1 and A2 read 220V when contactor relay is out and reads 0 when i push it in.

5. mqgpress

mqgpress Senior Member

ft walton - What market was this machine originally run in (US,Europe, Canada, etc...)? I just want to make sure we're understanding each other. If you are measuring across the A1 and A2 coil lugs (not A1 to ground and A2 to ground), and you get control voltage, that would be 110V or 220V depending on what country the press was originally built to run in, then the magnet would be energized and contactor pulled in. Make sure you are actually at the coil lugs, they would be the ones way in the back of the contactor/relay.

6. ftwaltonprint

ftwaltonprint Member

originally from Europe. ok i will check again, i will email u a pic of the contactor relay switch.

7. HPC

HPC Senior Member

Not an electrician just basic troubleshooting. If the micro switch is normally open, by disconnecting it should be fine (the function of the circuit). If the switch is normally closed, you will need to jump the leads. Be careful to make sure you have the correct information before doing this.

8. controlgraphics

controlgraphics Senior Member

Get someone in there that knows what he/she is doing.