Alcolor stripes.

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by color devil, Oct 6, 2009.

1. color devil

color devil New Member

Hi Heidelberg people. I am currently running an M.O., and the book is a little confusing when it comes to striping the alcolor rollers. I've done installation of a new water form on one of my units, and after striping the rollers, I often get a "double" stripe when I drop the water form to the plate. am I even supposed to drop the water form when checking stripe from water form to distributer, and water form to Z roller, or is it suppost to be a rolling stripe like when checking ink form to distributor, i.e roll the press forward, stop for 10 seconds, then roll again to check the stripe. when I do it this way, I don't get a double stripe, but i'm not sure if it's the right way. I appreciate the help.:confused:

2. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

The only time you should ever need to drop the water or ink rollers to plate is when setting stripes to the plate. Form to distributor shouldnt change when setting stripes to plate, if they do you may have some mechanical issue within the ink train.

3. color devil

color devil New Member

Thanks. I thought that was the right way, everything running smooth now