AGFA 2050 issue

Discussion in 'Other Digital Presses' started by ArtPrintZG, Feb 9, 2021.

1. ArtPrintZG

ArtPrintZG New Member

Greetings,

I'm new to these forums, so I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section. But this seemed like one of the few places where I could get some feedback on a specific issue that's been plaguing my machine. It's a seemingly simple issue, but I've been unable to fix it no matter what I do, and any advice would be more than welcome.

The carriage of my AGFA 2050 printer refuses to lower itself to a proper starting position. The machine does it's home checking, checks the x-axis, and then lifts the carriage up to maximum height before it starts lowering it to what should be the zero on thy y-axis. But instead of going all the way down, it stops at about 3cm above zero and acts as if it completed the check properly. It's perfectly functional after this point, meaning if I had a 3cm thick material, I could print on it. Which isn't helpful, because we print mostly on paper and canvas. If I let the machine automatically determine the thickness of the material, it does the same thing, always stopping at the same height and never reaching the table.

There is nothing in the options where I can manually input the distance on the y-axis. The machine has a sensor for when the carriage reaches the upmost position, but how it determines how far downwards it should go once it's initially turned on is beyond me because there's no such sensor for the downmost position. Which leads me to believe that the y-axis range is hardcoded somewhere and got messed up somehow. If I shutdown the machine and manually lower the carriage below these 3cm, then start the machine up again, it throws out a communication error. I assume because it reads as if the carriage is out of range, even though it's not.

We tried contacting AGFA directly, but so far they had us mostly check the hardware and the connections pertaining to the carriage movement, which are all seemingly fine. Since there is no official support in the country where I live and work, I have to do this myself, because calling in someone from AGFA from another country is just too expensive, especially if the issue turns out to be quite simple. So any words of wisdom would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this and sorry for the lengthy post. I hope you have a nice day.