Advice on Quality Control and Process

Discussion in 'Print Community General Printing Discussion' started by Inhouse Printing, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Inhouse Printing

Inhouse Printing Member

I have recently been placed in our printing plant as the Quality Control Manager. I have worked in the bindery for three years but other than that I have very little experience in printing. At this time the pressmen do their own quality checks and we have no procedures in place. I have been asked to create them. HELP!!! This might be a culture change more than a process change. Any advice with checklist or procedures on quality would be greatly appreciated. We run two shifts with 4 sheet feeds presses, a web press along with a fully operating bindery.

Layout and keeping color consistence have been two of our biggest problems.

We are an In-house printer.
    Thanks

2. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Hi. I think there are individuals here whos primary business is to set-up the shops with quality control, proper procedures etc. May be instead collecting bits and pieces and basically trying to reinvent the bicycle, it would make sence to contract someone from outside with extencive knowledge of what you are tryung to achieve so he/she could master the workflow and hand it over to you....

3. 3rd Shifter

3rd Shifter Member

Does your shop use any densitometry or ink density standards allocated to different stock? I.E. Gloss, Velvet, and Uncoated stocks?