Adjusting Print Quality...

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by Kiran04, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Kiran04

Kiran04 Senior Member

This is driving me nuts. The iGen3 was working perfectly for 200 copies, then it decided to adjust image quality. Then it was spitting yellow. Then it adjusted again within 10 copies. Now it's completely dumping yellow on the page. This print quality adjustment crap is only making the print quality worse. Not better. What is going on here?

2. Kiran04

Kiran04 Senior Member

Back to the good old XPE 08 4572 and casting yellow toner again. *sigh*

3. peels

peels tree killer :)

big sigh. see other thread. adjust your purge setting maybe....

4. Kiran04

Kiran04 Senior Member

Will adjust purge settings, but this yellow problem isn't anything new. It keeps coming back and I don't know how to get rid of it.

5. Kiran04

Kiran04 Senior Member

I really don't understand my press. Everything will be working good with good image quality, then it will go into "Adjusting Print Quality", and then boom, mad yellow. It's like the press has a problem with the print looking too good.

6. CargoPantsMan

CargoPantsMan Senior Member

Adjusting Print Quality is a toner purge to rebalance toner concentration levels (as well as blow "old" toner out of the system) so if your yellow keeps spraying after an APQ I'd start investigating if the toner concentration sensor for yellow is broken or otherwise impaired and look up the NVM values for your yellow toner concentration.

This thread goes into some TC issues with cyan that might help guide you in toying with yellow values-
    http://www.colorprintingforum.com/xerox-iGen/image-dragging-out-14866.html

7. Swifty2

Swifty2 Senior Member

Have you removed the wire mod and vacuumed the roller.. also clean the sensor on top....very carefully ..do not go near it with the vacuum! also clean the MOB senser and and run the dc951 xerographic set up and do a color check...

8. Kiran04

Kiran04 Senior Member

So I went to calibrate all of my ESV sensors and the yellow was at -52V and wouldn't come up no matter how far I turned it. I replaced it and it was suddenly +250V, brought it back down to 15V. Seems to be OK for now.