abdick newbie

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by abdick printer, Mar 6, 2012.

1. abdick printer

abdick printer Member

I'm new to T-heads (for Abdick) and having all sorts of problems with it, Does anyone have a digital copy of the manuals, it would be appreciated if you could send them to me @ graphtech2007@yahoo.com. I also messed with the powder device: Powdair 3, I'd apperciate a photo of the tubes connection inside the device so I could restore them to where they were.

2. ghuerth

ghuerth Senior Member

Careful sending digital files of copyrighted materials! Call Airtech they will gladly fax you what you need. What sorts of problems are you having and what model T-Head do you have? Model and serial number on non-op side of frame under plastic cover unless its an S-1.

3. abdick printer

abdick printer Member

Cheers ghuerth
    I need to setup the unit and I'm totaly unfamilier with it- there are controls that I don't know what they do .I only tried it once and suffered a lot of scumming and ink migration,Unfortunately when I bought the machine second hand none of the manuals for the T Head came with it.
    serial no:882577MID and there is a paper tag with the no:20726

4. abdick printer

abdick printer Member

Man what about the manual or whatever instructions on how to operate it. by the way I've managed to connect the tubes for he powder device.

5. ghuerth

ghuerth Senior Member

Control lever operates forms and impression to blanket, off is max right. First click left drops #3 water form to plate, next click left drops #1 and #2 ink forms to plate, next click left is impression. Forms have 3 fuctional positions. View behind form roller knob and locate philips screw and cut out. Cut out and screw lined up position is for form removal. Turn counter clockwise first click is form off, second click is form on. For adjustments refer to (ink problems with t head) message 20.

6. abdick printer

abdick printer Member

Managed to adjust the form rollers and plate cylinder to blanker cylinder pressure. But I get a 2cm stip of ink along the gripper side of the plate, whereas it used to be a 2mm one and causing no problems. Is there something wrong with the adjustments..

7. ghuerth

ghuerth Senior Member

Are you describing a 3/4 inch (2 cm) bead on the lead edge of the plate? Thats not right. Your form roller pressures on the plate should be the water form 2.4 mm (3/32 inch) and the ink forms 4 mm. Maximum blanket to plate is 4.8 mm (3/16 inch). If the rubber is to hard it takes more pressure to hold these adjustments and the moisture gets squeeged of instead of applied. Replace rollers. Deglaze rollers might bring the durometer (softness and hardness indicator) down but only 3-5 points.

8. abdick printer

abdick printer Member

I've the forms set exactly as you mentioned, but how to get a 4.8mm blanket to plate stipe. When i adjusted plate to blanket preesure I just kept going till I got a clear image on the blanket..

9. plotter

plotter Senior Member

ink up rollers with an old plate, and no font and put on inkers so it inks up the plate completely, once you have ink on it with machine on stop, put machine onto impression and off again, this will give you the 4-5 mm strip.

10. abdick printer

abdick printer Member

thanks man I'll try that tomorrow and let you know..

11. plotter

plotter Senior Member

check also without ink on plate and just put onto impression to check the roller to plate first

12. ghuerth

ghuerth Senior Member

Procedure for rolling up the T-Head; Mount an preserved old metal place. Place ink into ink fountain, bring ink ductor roller into contact with ink fountain roller, crank ink fountain roller and adjust ink flow to a stiple effect (like an orange peal) turn on press. Place ink control to midrange and readjust fountain. Stop press and place control lever into water position then ink position then off. Check stripes and adjust as necessary. Turn on press drop forms onto plate stop press place control lever to on impression then off impression. Adjust stripe if necessary. Turn press on with forms on and add water spin water fountain roller twice and plate should clean up, ready to mount good plates to print.