Abdick Form Roller

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by abdick printer, Apr 12, 2017.

1. abdick printer

abdick printer Member

Dear Fellow Printers

I'm operating an ABDick 8810 duplicator.I had to replace a worn out upper form roller. The replacement roller I could find had a rubber width (11.3'') as wide as the plate cylinder but wider that the upper oscillating roller.
    Whereas the old roller had a narrower rubber width(10''): exactly the width of the plates I'm using.

With the replacement roller the scumming increased, and produced very light copy. Is this because it's too an old roller with swollen ends that I took from an old model abdick.

I wonder why they produced such a narrow oscillating roller that would not oscillate to cover the entire width of the cylinder which could result in a better water coverage.

Ps. I'm using a wider(11.3'') lower form roller with good results.

2. ghuerth

ghuerth Senior Member

ABDick 8810 is similar to ABDick 360 which have 11 1/8 inch forms. Old ABDick 350 has 10 inch forms. Do you know how to adjust your form roller pressure? Do you know how to adjust your water ductor roller? The oscillating waver roller is 11 1/4 inch hard shell for standard water system. Standard water system uses a copper pan roller that is inked along with the ductor roller. The PRO water system uses a soft rubber pan roller with shields on each end and a chrome ductor roller that stay free of ink, with a soft rubber 11 1/8 inch oscillating waver roller. Forms are the same.