abdick feeder alignment

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by abdick printer, Nov 20, 2011.

1. abdick printer

abdick printer Member

I operate an Abdick 8810, Paper is fed skewed into the machine which results in misregistering second and third colors when printing multi color jobs( Actually it registers at the top of the sheet but gradually misregisters towards the bottom of the sheet). I tested the machine by printing about a 100 sheets twice with the same color, Registration is alright.
    I make shure that the plates are aligned perfectly and vertical registration is allright
    Just couldn't point out which of these is the cause:
    Improperly cut paper
    side paper guide not aligned
    upper feed rollers pick one side of the sheet before the other
    impression cylinder gripper problem
    feeler shaft not accurate

Help, Anyone ?!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. dmblair

dmblair Member

A couple of things to try. Take a good roller deglazer and completley deglazed all the wheels on the upper feed roller. Make sure they don't appear shiny, you want kind of a dull appearance to them. Check to make sure you don't have any paper obstructions in the grippers on the impression cylinder. Also, check to make sure the upper feed roller is coming in contact with the lower feed roller evenly on both sides. Just use the handwheel and squat back there and look. You could even put a strip of paper on each side and test it that way. Other thing to do would buy a new upper feed roller an impression cylinder grippers. Shouldn't cost much more that a hundred bucks and you could put them on yourself. At least you would eliminate those as the cause to your issue. Good luck.

3. abdick printer

abdick printer Member

Cheers Man ..
    I'll shure try that

4. ghuerth

ghuerth Senior Member

I'm here to help! Are you still having problems?

5. abdick printer

abdick printer Member

we found that it was a feeder wheels timming problem, the wheels keep rotating even after the impression cylinder grippers hold the papper, where they should lift up sooner so that the tail of the paper does'nt get skewed. Managed to solve the problem for now but wondering shouldn't there be a setting for that: how long the rubber wheels stay in contact with the lower metal ones.

6. ghuerth

ghuerth Senior Member

Yes there is. After the gripper on the impression cylinder has closed on the sheet, about 5 inches of stock has passed the nip point of the feed roller, which should lift off the stock at this point. If all else is well (cam fllower wear, linkage wear, ect.) the carrier lever that holds the feed roller is lifted by a power lever pushing up on the ear of the carrier lever. When the feed roller is in the down position there should be an 1/8 inch between the carrier lever and the lever that pushes it up. Reform the ear on the lever to make the adjustment. A T-wrench with a slot that slides over the ear is used for this adjustment.