Ab dick dpm 34 hsc platemaker

Discussion in 'Platemaking' started by oddo, Jul 6, 2015.

1. oddo

oddo New Member

Hello, I need help with my DPM 34 HSC platemaker. The plates keep jamming. I'm wondering if there is any diagrams out there of where the sensors are. Any feedback would be great. Thanks in advance.

2. ActionPrint

ActionPrint Member

Did you even find out why it was jamming? We are having the same issue. Can't figure out why it keeps jamming

3. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir
    Good day
    Is a great idea, that you start with the most simple inspection and do some basic maintenance in the Cpt Ab.Dick Dpm 34 hsc :
    1)Check plate for artifacts and scratches 2) free cloth Len cleaner clean spinner mirror,you can use acetona. 3)remove stabilizer rack and check roller. See if "O" ring are wear,replacer if necessary.Clean and polish the lower stainley steel guide, that contact material.
    4)adjust the engagement of the activator,stabilizer drive gear with motor plate drive gears.5) Check final squeegee roller,bearing,gear for wear ,Replace if necessary.5)Check and lubricate main drive chain and sprockets.Replace if necessary.6)Check all sensor and switch for clean, and adjust if necessary see the Schematic Diagrams.

4. ActionPrint

ActionPrint Member

Thank you for your reply. We have been working on this problem for awhile. We have been checking out rollers and cleaning. It jams in the same place every time. After it burns and cuts the plate it never makes it down into the chemical tanks. When you open the processor doors there is that little metal door that flips up and the plate will be under there. Not even starting to go into the chemicals. Also Do you know where I can find Schematic Diagrams?

5. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir
    Good day
    I see, however attaching is the schematic for transport System
    for his Dpm 34hsc. Please test carefully, many mechanical adjustment and electrical.
    Test the mechanical first, and see if the motors are working good.

Attached Files:

6. Markley

Markley Member

Hey Chock! I had a really bad jam and now the image on the plate is crooked. Here's where I think it got bent. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

7. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

My job was by 45 years Experienced in Troubleshooting with LOT of differents machines Around the world: pre-Press+Printing +Post-Press and Other kinds Machines , Now Retired
    as by My age. But with the Confidence to Help as Many I can.
    Every day I am learning a new things. Never Ending! Coursing my 4 career as Soft + IT Eng.

Afro254 likes this.
  8. Richard 777

Richard 777 Member

I am having a problem on this same machine type. I am having error 6020 - general error with imaging engine. The machine will make one good plate then this error happens

9. Markley

Markley Member

Didn’t use this machine for a week and it switched to film by itself and won’t let me switch back to poly plates. Anyone ever heard of such a thing? Thinking it’s in the plate maker and not in the program but I am probably wrong. :/