Ab dick 9910XCS Manual - calibrating form rollers

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by m_alatorre, Sep 16, 2010.

1. m_alatorre

m_alatorre Senior Member

Hello,

Just got a used AB Dick that came with operating manual but i can't find in it (manual) directions on calibrating form rollers:confused:. Is there a "Service Manual" that explains how to do so? I also need info so as to know wheter the pressure between plate and blanket is good(not to high) and can't seem to be able to find it as well in the manual i have.

Anyone knows about it? Willing to sell a hard or digital copy? A parts catalog would be nice too.

Thanks!
    Moe

2. Mechanic

Mechanic Senior Member

The operating manual describes the roller settings. You need to undo the side covers. Then , pull the levers that engage- disengage the form rollers (drive side) , in order to locate the mechanism. On this mechanism, there are straight screwdriver screws that set the form rollers on the oscillators. Set them all on 3 mm. I dont understand inches. AFTER you have set the form rollers on the oscillators, set the form rollers on the plate cylinder. On the same mechanism there are eccentric 19 mm adjusters with locking nuts , 13 mm if I remember correctly. MAKE SMALL ADJUSTMENT MOVEMENTS !!! Set everything to 3 mm, only the last form roller set it to 2,5 mm on the plate. The lever for throwing the roller onto the plate is on the operator side. Don't mix the water form roller adjuster with the 1st ink form roller adjuster. Get an operating manual and a spare manual

3. Mechanic

Mechanic Senior Member

this might help you some more

Attached Files:

4. m_alatorre

m_alatorre Senior Member

Thanks Mechanic,

I checked the pressure and it's ok. I'll keep this sheets close to the machine for future reference. Just one thing... From what i can get from this manual, there is only one adjusting screw that moves roller both to ocillator and plate cylinder... Is that so? Then that should mean that when set to plate, roller should automatically be also set to ocillator.(which makes no sense to me for rollers tend to shrink)

Any comments?

Geetings!

5. ilsamike

ilsamike New Member

Found 9910 Service Manual online

http://www.rollerdeals.com/uploads/1/5/6/1/15618680/9900_service_manual.pdf