AB Dick 9850

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by grigsby, Nov 20, 2012.

1. grigsby

grigsby Member

I have an AB Dick 9850 that I purchased not too long ago and decided to put a Kompac on. As it is running, the drive motor will stop. Air and vaccum motor still runs. I have changed out the drive motor and have changed out the electrical box itself from other parts presses of which I know those 2 parts did not have that problem. Any idea where to check for this problem or what it could be?

2. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

Sounds to me that your drive motor is getting shorted out somewhere. You still got all the electrical components in it? When the mother board is dying it does a lot of strange things that are not explainable and its damn near impossible to find one any more. If you still got everything make sure all sensors and things are free and clear could be tripping the double detector or something similar to that, that would cause the drive motor to stop and not the pump

3. grigsby

grigsby Member

took off electrical cover and pulled actuators out and it ran pointing to safety covers, double detector,......trying to isolate it. thanks for your input. don't much care for the electronics.

4. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

Yea they are dead tech. I took all mine out pretty much just runs off toggle switches and has a manual counter