AB dick 9840 quit while printing will not power up.

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by KELLY McGan, Jan 31, 2020.

1. KELLY McGan

KELLY McGan New Member

Hello, was running a job when the press just quit. No display errors or nothing before event. Will not power up but work light works. I have 3- 9840's. I am using a known good power supply to do selective interchange from an old 9840 that's not in service. I have replaced the 5v and 24 volt power supplies with no change. Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, ie bad relay and how to test them. Or schematics and test point voltages to see if the motherboard is bad. Can't find a service manual for the 9840 to test things and figure out what's bad. I noticed Ziggy33 had mentioned something about converting to a mechanical press but I would need some more Info before I can tackle that. Thanks Kelly 270-860-5584.

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:
    I recommend do this test:

1) Reset all C. breaker( CB1+CB2) in the input of main transformer T1 , for to see if there are output in the secondary of Transformer, since the Work lamp work, because Only one side of output of transformer is working, since has various output.

2) Look with the power off, if any wires bridges in the secondary terminal of main transformer, if there are loose wires ? and tight, or corroder or broken.

3) Look if the input of machine is 110Vca or 220Vca ?? since 22oVca has other bridge connection in the terminal.

4) Remember that the MOBO(Motherboard) , in this Old circuit TTL , working with +5vdc, 99% The feeding for +5Vdc +24Vdc is NOT there since some, c.breaker in the main transformer, or loose wires, or some secondary in the main transformer is defective by overheating, or burn., By that reason power supply Does Not work feeding the motherboard.

5) Look the EMI filter in the input of main transformer , and tight any Ground or Earth in the machine Input.