A couple of queries

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by sunny_studley, Dec 12, 2009.

Tags:
  1. sunny_studley

sunny_studley Member

Hi all, we're a small single colour offset printer. Printing colour on single col. GTO 52s is obviously proving very time consuming, so we are currently looking at purchasing a QMDi4 Classic. Having seen one in action I was quite impressed, but I would like to know:
    1. What impression count they should be good for?
    2. What kind of cost should be involved for removal and install (both in UK)?
    3. Whether they are a good medium term bet, seeing as they are obsolete and the possibility for future compatibility problems?
    4. Prices seem to vary massively, I am currently looking at one for £10K with 8mil impressions, complete with Torrent RIP, however there is a problem with the print, a strip missing where the Cyan isn't imaging properly, I have been told that it is some kind of loose connection? What should I expect to pay for these type of machines?
    5. Would people recommend dealing directly with a printer or paying more from a dealer?
    6. Are there any major pitfalls?
    Sorry, so many questions, any help much appreciated.
    Thanks
    :confused:

2. John Roberts

John Roberts Member

Hi Sunny
    I've got a QMDI4 for sale @ 15k (10.2mil impressions) very clean and in good working order with harlequin rip.
    I'll even give you some inks to kick you off. For an extra 5k you could also have :-

2) Polar 55 Guilatine

3) Horizon AC-1200 Collator Plus Jogger Retainer.

4) Count Auto-Pro Plus (Numbering/Perfing/Creasing) * as New

5) Harrison Sticher

You could ring me on 0796 217 6690

3. rolandman

rolandman Senior Member

John, could you pm me info on the horizon, does it have a stitcher folder or is it just a collator? and whats the best price and also best price on the qmdi

also can i have your address

4. John Roberts

John Roberts Member

Hi Rolandman
    The Horrizon is just a collator (up to SRA3) but i've also got a separate sticher, plus i also have a duplo DF-915 folder if you're interested, i would ideally like to get rid of everything together. (I'm off to Spain). Please email on jar@gmx.co.uk or ring mob: 0796 217 6690

5. sunny_studley

sunny_studley Member

Hi John

What age / model is the Di (assuming Classic)? Is this the same machine that you mention having problems with in your previous thread? :)

Many thanks Al

6. John Roberts

John Roberts Member

Hi Al

Model is a Classic 97, same machine and as caused me no problems in production, the items previously metioned are not critical for the running of the machine and are taken into consideration in the price of the machine.

You are welcome to come and view if you wish.

John:)

7. Quinton South Africa

Quinton South Africa Member

Hi i purchased a DI 6 months ago, when i was looking around i came across a company in UK i think he is based in manchester. The company is called Digipress Finder and the guys name is Steve, He is very experienced when it comes to DI machine. I would say give him a call. I was very impressed with him.

8. sunny_studley

sunny_studley Member

Hi Quinton, thanks for the advice, just out interest did you purhase of the guy you mention?

9. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

Let me know if you are looking for a machine.

Regards.

10. sunny_studley

sunny_studley Member

@ Mr Heidelberg.

Yes, we are looking for this type of machine (probably a Classic due to low budget!).

Regards :)

11. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

@ sunny_studley, PM sent.

Regards.